Sunday, February 1, 2015

Winter Storm Review


In honor of Winter Storm Linus

Here's what I remember, for January:

1/12 Wintry Mix moving up the East Coast causing me to delay driving up from NJ
1/18 Snow/Ice Storm leaving me stranded in Burlington, VT (not complaining)
1/24 Snow all day causing plans with MA friends (to visit!) to be de-railed
1/27 Blizzard Juno arrives, canceling classes on 1/27 & 1/28 (not complaining)
1/30 Snow flurries for most of the day, adding a few inches

In summary: Every 3-6 days, a wintry mix of some variety arrives in New England.


Things I have heard or said over the past week or so:

"I think my feet sweat in my boots and then the sweat got cold, so now they're cold again."

"Look at my hands!"
"Oh my gosh!  They're so red!"
"And dry... so dry."

"There's water pouring through a hole in our foundation."
"It sounds like we have a man-made pond down in the basement."
"It sounds like a waterfall."


"This chocolate is frozen." (Lindt truffles left in the car)

"I can't believe the water froze that quickly... well, actually I can." (Nalgene bottle just place in the car)

"You're car is on a sheet of ice."

"Who dumped this huge bucket of snow on our house?"

"I hope the power doesn't go out."

"The water in my shower just turned freezing cold!"


"What was that?!"
"I think it was a huge chunk of snow that just blew off that car."

"I'm not confident that they plow or salt the roads in NH."

"It doesn't matter what you're driving, when you hit black ice... you hit black ice."

"Open the door, open the door!" (to the car, while freezing)

"I don't understand why water is rushing down our driveway - isn't it too cold for it to be melting?"


"I feel bad for my car."

"When I start thinking about Winter, I realize how much I don't like it.  So, I can't think about it."

"So glad it's snowing again!"

Winter storm Linus should be joining us tomorrow, followed by another one on Wednesday.

Let's hope Linus leaves his warm blanket behind for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment