Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Penguins



I'm a believer in art.  I drew this little picture en lieu of reading more words - articles, pages, and left-brain kind of thought. I felt the need to exercise my right brain; it just hasn't gotten nearly enough in the past few days.

I believe that right brain exercise is important: art, beauty, imagining, creating.  I start to feel like a broken down machine - with a headache - when I neglect those parts of myself.  So there you have it - a penguin greeting us in our window.  Hello there!  

Maybe it's because of the Irish in me, but I do feel that laughter is a great anecdote for fear, stress, and enraging scenarios.  Sometimes I am probably at risk of resorting to it too often.  There is a place to be serious, but also one to imagine, pretend, and to frankly enjoy and "make fun" of whatever is happening.  

Otherwise, how can you begin to find perspective?

1 comment:

  1. "All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive."

    This reminds me of that. Mostly because I think elephants and penguins would make an adorable (though highly improbable) pair.

    ReplyDelete