Saturday, February 28, 2015

For the Curious

I think we're out of the woods.  I hope. 

My mom recently said she was surprised that I hadn't posted more pictures of the snow.  I said I didn't want to think about it anymore.  Now that I can hear the birds singing outside, can smell melting water in the air, and the sun has been shining, I think it's safe to take a look...  

These photos are for those who are curious to know what exactly happened to the Northeast this winter.  Maybe you've never lived here in the winter, or perhaps you've moved away from the Northeast and have been feeling sorry for us or just curious as to what all the commotion is all about.  A handful of these are before and after shots that I just happened to take (because I do often take pictures of the same thing).

Hopefully, though I don't want to speak to soon, this is the end of a very snowy chapter. 

Tomorrow is March - Hooray! 

Back when things were bright and blue

Iced up

Piles and piles

There's the recyclables

Covered

Halfway up the fence...


Higher!

Thought it might be done...

Ah!

Back when things were all pumpkin

Before the next blizzard

Pretty

All the tools

Plow plow plow

Neighbors

Our front door

Poor house


Love when the sidewalks are cleared

Stop!

Up to the porch


Up to the garage

Windy February

Over the fence

Bigger than a car

Make way


The dead of winter

Ski to the bar

Thaw!

Up the Stairs

Ghost Town

Snowshoe to the bar

Good morning Sun and icicles.

This house always seems like a hobbit home to me.

Sledding hill

Down the drain you go!

I feel like this sign was a new addition.

Covering a three season porch.

Salty Slushy Muddy

Layer Cake

When walking felt like bouldering. 

Lonnnnnng icicles

Lovely night to sit outside.

Portsmouth is still pretty.

Eerie evening and a FREEZING cold walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment