Thursday, January 1, 2015

Frosty Morning

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir


 I woke up to a blue sky day and the ground covered in sparkling frost.  There's something about waking up and either being outside or heading outside and grabbing some of that pure, fresh morning air.  It was cold when I opened the door after putting on my boots and setting out across the driveway in my plaid pajama pants.  The sun rises over the small hill in our backyard and casts shadows over our deck illuminating stripes everywhere.  But this morning I photographed the grass across the way and the hill of our neighbors' property.

In the spirit of Frost, I thought I'd add a poem by Robert Frost.  

Dust of Snow (1923)

The way a crow 
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued

May the New Year bring many sparkling moments which change the course of our coldest days.  

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment