Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Commitment

These are the branches scraping the sky. 
When I was out in the wilderness this summer, each week in the field, on the drive out, the other staff and myself would set goals for ourselves on our eight-day shift.  Throughout the week, we would give each other feedback on how we were doing.  I have often wanted to bring this practice into my "normal" life because I think it helped me be more intentional, purposeful and active.

As I've been trekking through Graduate School, there have been lots of deadlines that I've had to meet and academic hoops that I've had to jump through; it's exhausting.  Although I'm exercising certain parts of my brain, other parts of me cramp up - my neck, my shoulders and the creative part of my brain.  

(This is why committing to yoga is essential!)

In an attempt to be more reflective, creative and intentional, this year I'm committing to posting something daily, or every other day.  I'm not sure where it will go... as Alice said to herself in Wonderland, "I don't see how he can ever finish, if he doesn't begin." (Lewis Carroll)

Cheers to beginning!






No comments:

Post a Comment