Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sounds of the Seasons

Trying to find a new Paint program is challenging, none seem to have all of the components of the original.  I guess I took for granted how great that little program was... now I'm here with a Mac trying to find a good one again... watching Gilmore Girls as Lorelie drags Luke out of bed to go sniff the snow, him freezing - you might know what I'm talking about.  Then just like that the snow comes down in a magical moment in the center of town, and she says, "Welcome, friend."

Today was beautiful and freezing, the air choking you as soon as you take a deep breath of it in.  A friend and I decided that our exclamations of the seasons differ from month to month.  Here is my depiction of the "Sound of the Seasons" as I have experienced them on the East Coast:


Captured above is the "wah"s and "ah"s and "yay"s and "yah"s... along with a "hey" written in April when I finally begin to think that the end of Winter is near and then a "please" in May, when I pray that the leaves will finally appear on the trees in New Hampshire.  Last year, they were not on the trees as of the beginning of May and I had to pick the ice off my car at the end of April.  I felt like Lorelie towards the end of the episode, as she's shoveling out her iced/snowed over Jeep, exclaiming, "Me and snow!  We're through!... It's the stuff that stalls your car!  It's the stuff that buries your car!..."

OH, Winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment