Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Freedom (Tower)


It's so nice to see the New York skyline.  I saw it this morning at around 5:30 AM and it basically looked like this.  After September 11th, the hole that the two towers had left was a reminder that something had happened.  I still remember driving to New York in October 2001 for my birthday and finding it hard to believe that these two dominant buildings that used to overshadow the Empire State Building were just gone.  Seeing the Freedom Tower in its place really does make me feel just a little proud of our stubborn American spirit, sometimes of course a bit arrogant, but obstinate enough to refuse to let such a vibrant and energetic city, full of that optimistic you-can-be-anything-you-want energy, survive with such a hole in it's skyline and infrastructure.  Although I also know that this area is prime real estate, for just a moment or two, I like to believe that this building proves our resilient and ambitious nature that I really love so much and hope we never lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment