Thursday, November 12, 2020

Learning Living Loving

I got pretty big this year (@ Sparks Lake)

It's been a minute. We've welcomed a little new addition to our family, Mr. William Jordan Guest. Every day I am overwhelmed with gratitude of what a miracle this little guy is.

The weather is turning chilly now; we just had our first couple dustings of snow. I've been enjoying:

Putting cardamom in my coffee.

Reading articles and listening to podcasts in the morning. Some I've recently enjoyed: The Evangelical Vote, America's Two Souls, Conspiracy

Going on chilly walks and seeing the mountains that now have some snow on them. 

Dreaming of buying a wood-burning stove

Buying books, yes books - real, tangible, things that I can hold and look through pictures and read words that are not on a screen. Love that sh*!. Bought this book recently and enjoy flipping through it for inspiration for cozy small spaces. 

SNL is baaaaaack. Love this guy's monologues, always. 

Thank you, Madame Vice President. Madame!

Wondering whether to pull the trigger on matching family pajamas....! We already have deer pajamas for the little guy that were given to us. 

Ewan McGregor's motorcycle series The Long Way Up, along with The Long Way Round and The Long Way Down. I love traveling because it reminds me of how big and diverse the world is and there's something sobering about that. 

This vegan cookbook. We're not vegan. The reason I bought this was so I could make decent-tasting vegetable meals. The recipes in this book truly are easy and tasty - they make me feel like a big girl cook. 

Making photo books on this website. They are 15% off just now. 

Might have to snag this delightful little set... for you know, all those friends we have over these days *crying laughing*

Excited for the return of this wintry delightful rom com series. It's a great time to start season 1. Even if you hate winter, this will make you want to go to Oslo!

As we navigate this divided political season, where America feels like a bipolar country, may we be reminded that "all behavior makes sense." I live by this mantra when doing therapy. Most of us have reasons for why we believe what we believe or what motivates our actions. Understanding that and then forging a way forward is the big work ahead. Let's hope we can get there. 

Little Feet

Cape Kiwanda, Oregon


2 comments:

  1. "'all behavior makes sense.'...Most of us have reasons for why we believe what we believe or what motivates our actions. Understanding that and then forging a way forward is the big work ahead."

    Yes!!! Very well put. As I like to think: all beliefs contain a kernel of validity born and nurtured in unique circumstance. That understanding doesn't confirm you are in the right, but it should lead me to listen and try and understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - as you said yourself with starting in the middle with debates rather than on a side. Believing a person’s decisions make sense invites connection first. I have my professor from grad school, Michael Gass, to thank for this idea.

      Delete